Directed by Lauren Black, EdD., the Reach Learning Activity Center was opened in January 2005. The philosophy of the center is based on helping every individual achieve their personal goals.
Who We Serve
We serve individuals with a primary diagnosis of intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- The Learning Activity Center belongs to the people being served versus the people serving.
- Every moment is precious - maximizing learning is a priority.
- Everyone can learn - meaningful participation that meets individual learning styles is everyone's right.
- Self determination and choice will steer client participation.
- All stakeholders strive for excellence and continuous improvement.
Our philosophy drives a comprehensive curriculum that helps each individual develop skills that will help them be more independent and social while participating in programs that enrich their lives and their community.
- In-house Job Training
- Art Glass Studio
- Civic Activities
- Community Access
- Pre-vocational Skill Development
- Computer & Technology
- Service Learning
- Cooking & Nutrition
- Performance Art
- Social Skills
- Fitness and Sports
- Personal Growth
- Functional Academics
- Supported Employment
- Independent Living Skills
- Vocational Training
Registration and Tuition
For more information on registration and tuition please call 281-213-8132.
Directions to the Learning Activity Center