Direct Support: Working with People with Intellectual and Developmental DisabilitiesThe below video shows real direct support workers at work, describing their job duties and talking honestly about the rewards and challenges of this type of work. Watching this video can help job applicants decide if a direct support position working with people with intellectual / developmental disabilities is right for them. The total run time is about 20 minutes.
To ApplyIf you are interested in becoming an Instructor (Direct Care Staff) at Reach Unlimited, you can click on the “Apply Online Now“ button below. You will be prompted to complete an online application and 3 brief assessments. Please set aside at least 30 minutes to complete this process. You may also apply by visiting the administrative office between 8:30 am – 3:30 pm, Monday through Thursday and between 8:30 am – 2:30 pm on Friday.
Sharing our CommitmentsEvery member of the Reach staff shares the goal to assist members in leading more independent lives. We seek, respect, and value the diverse qualities and backgrounds staff bring to the agency, and are committed to utilizing the richness of knowledge, ideas, and experience our diversity provides.
Summary of BenefitsIn addition to competitive salaries and wages, full-time staff members have access to a benefit package that includes medical insurance, dental and vision plan, life and AD&D insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan, and paid time off.
- The minimum requirements for residential direct care positions include a high school diploma or GED and a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Minimum requirements for direct care staff working at the Learning Activity Center are the same but also include experience working with individuals with intellectual / developmental disabilities in a training or educational setting.
Notice to Prospective EmployeesPost-offer/pre-employment screening include criminal history background check, motor vehicle report, and urinalysis drug screen.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS (as of 4.21.2023)ADMINISTRATION: (CYPRESS AREA)
- FULL-TIME ACOUNTS RECEIVABLE COORDINATOR: M-F, (FLEX)
- FULL-TIME CLIENT SUPPORT ADVOCATE: M-F, (FLEX)
- FULL-TIME CONTRACT HCS RN: M-F, (FLEX)
- PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR: M-F, 3P-7P
- PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR: SAT/SUN 7A-7P
- PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR: SAT / SUN, 9A-9p
- PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR: SAT / SUN, 8A-8p
- FULL-TIME INSTRUCTOR: WED, 9P-9A, SAT/SUN, 9A-9P
- PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR: M-F, 3:30P-8:30P
- PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR: SAT/SUN, 10A-6P
- PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR: M//T/TH/F, 3P-9P
- PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR: SUN, 10A-5P
- PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR; M-F, 6A-10A
- PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR: SAT 10A-10P, SUN 7A-6P
- PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR: SAT/SUN, 10A-4:30PM
- FULL-TIME HCS FLOATER: (FLEX)
- FULL-TIME ICF FLOATER: (FLEX)
- PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR: SAT/SUN, 9A-9P
- FULL-TIME INSTRUCTOR: M-F, 8A – 4:30P (FLEX)
- FULL-TIME INSTRUCTOR: M-F, 1P-9P
- PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR: WED, 9P-9A
- FULL-TIME INSTRUCTOR:W/TH/F/SAT, 10P-8A
- PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR: SAT/SUN, 8A-4P
- PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR: SAT, 2P-6P / SUN, 10A-6P
- PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR: M-TH 3:30P-8:30P
Reach Unlimited, Inc., is the most comprehensive provider of programs and services for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the greater Houston Northwest area. Prospective candidates should apply online or in person at 11832 Mueller Cemetery Rd. Cypress, TX 77429 or fax resume to: (281) 213-4545. Email: email@example.com.
Summary of Primary Job Duties – Instructor Position(Direct Support Professionals)
- Provides supervision and assistance to assigned individuals to ensure their safety and well-being.
- Assists with daily living activities and assistance in the areas of personal hygiene and grooming, money management, meal preparation, socialization, and domestic (housekeeping) activities.
- Implements training and behavioral programs and relevant service objectives as outlined in the client’s individualized plan.
- Provides safe transportation in company–owned vehicle as needed for client medical appointments, job attendance, recreational activities, etc.
- Assists clients in meeting dietary needs by following physician and dietician directed orders and menus. Assists clients with meal preparation to include proper food preparation and storage.
- Supervises clients with the self-administration of medications as ordered and specified. Accurately documents medication administration. Notifies the appropriate personnel when medication needs to be re-ordered.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation substantiating the delivery of services to clients as outlined in their individualized plan and company policy and procedures.
- Reports facility maintenance issues so that regulatory standards are met and a comfortable and safe living environment is protected.