Volunteers at Reach enrich the lives of members by engaging in meaningful interactions and forming positive relationships. Volunteers are an essential part of what makes Reach a fun place to be.
Volunteer opportunities include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting in a classroom at the Learning Activity Center
- Sharing a talent or teaching a class (music, exercise, etc.)
- Assisting in a group home
- Assisting in the Greenhouse and/or Gift Shop
- Assisting with administrative duties in the business office
- Serving on an events committee
- Becoming an Ambassador
- Becoming a Board Member
Please know that volunteers must fill out an application, attend an orientation, and pass a background check prior to starting. This is required due to the nature of the disabilities of Reach’s members. Service-learning opportunities and court appointed hours are also available on a case-by-case basis.
The time I have spent at Reach so far has been BEYOND impactful. Prior to my starting to volunteer, I assumed I would go on to specialize in cancer genetics, but now, more than anything, I want to continue working with individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities.Alyssa Slayden – Volunteer
Reach Ambassadors are a passionate group of volunteers who commit to introducing new people to Reach.